Ignite eros with this healthy and flavourful recipe rich in natural stimulating ingredients like Garlic, Parsley, Almonds, and Asparagus. Serve this dish on a candlelit table with likewise stimulating glasses of white wine.
3 tbsp. Fresh parsley, sliced
1 large Garlic clove
½ cup Almonds, sliced
3 tbsp. Shallots, finely sliced
2 tsp. Lemon peel, grated
2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Virgin Olive Oil
1 kilo. Asparagus, trimmed
Salt and pepper
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over low flame.
- Add shallots & garlic & saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the shallot mixture into a medium bowl and mix in some more olive oil, parsley, lemon juice & peel.
- Spice up with salt & pepper.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender. (Can be made 1 day ahead; cover shallot mixture & asparagus separately; chill).
- Place shallot mixture in a heavy large skillet over medium flame.
- Add almonds & cook this until browned, stirring every once in awhile, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus & stir until heated through.
- Spice up to taste with salt & pepper.
- Divide asparagus among plates.
- Enjoy the Steamed Asparagus With Almond and toast to a romantic evening!