Paella is a popular Spanish rice dish mixed with beans, vegetables, meat, eggs and saffron. In this recipe, I revised the traditional paella with the Asian flavors of coconut milk and turmeric to infuse a distinctive sweet and spicy taste.
1 tbsp. Olive Oil ½ k. Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp. Turmeric 2 c. Rice
4 Eggs, boiled and sliced 2 c. Coconut Milk
1 c. Green Chili Peppers, sliced 500g. Green Peas
Basil leaves Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Grill the chicken breasts and cut into centimeter strips. Set aside.
2. Heat the casserole with oil and cook the onion on low-medium heat until it softens.
3. Mix in the red bell peppers, green peppers, carrots, then the turmeric powder and a dash of salt.
4. Add rice, coating it with the turmeric mixture.
5. Pour in the broth and coconut milk, stirring it for a couple of minutes.
6. Cover the casserole and let it boil.
7. Once boiling, mix in the tomatoes, green chili pepper, chicken, basil leaves, salt and pepper.
8. Let it simmer and evaporate until it reaches the right consistency of the rice. Add more broth if necessary.
9. When the rice is ready, transfer into a wide and hallow bowl. Use a wooden spatula to transfer the paella so it breaks apart.
10. Add the sliced boiled eggs. Mix it gently without breaking the eggs. Add salt to taste.
11. Serve warm.