Celebrate this lovely Sunday with your family and friends over this delectable dish of chicken breasts simmered in dates and spices. Top this over a heap of brown rice and you have a memorable meal to enjoy at your dining table.
4 Chicken Breasts
1 large Onion, sliced
1 tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp. Virgin Olive Oil
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tbsp. Honey
A dash of Iodized Salt
A dash of Black Pepper, crushed
2 cups Chicken Broth
250 g. Dates, pitted and halved lengthwise
½ tsp. Curry Powder
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a pan with olive oil over med-high heat, brown chicken on both sides in batches. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Add onion to pan and cook over med. heat until soft, about 10 min. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and stock to onion in pan, and bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken to pan, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Add dates, lemon juice, and curry powder. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
6. Serve chicken with some of the sauce and dates over rice for 4 people. Adjust the ingredients to accommodate more diners. Enjoy!